You can check out this years
(and past years)
- April 17, 2014
11-12:45 - Open House! Bring your preschooler to come meet the teacher, parents, & children.
- April 17, 2014
Registration is open
The Central Whidbey Co-op Preschool is a non-profit program affiliated with Skagit Valley College Family Life Education Department. Parents help to manage the co-op and participate in the classroom at least two days a month. Children develop skills that prepare them for school, and parents learn to be more effective teachers of their own children.
Benefits of Co-op Preschool
- Developmentally appropriate activities designed to meet children's needs for social, emotional, cognitive, physical, and creative growth.
- Interaction with children of similar ages, which facilitates learning and the development of social skills.
- Clearly defined, comfortable play and learning areas with a variety of equipment, learning games, songs, stories, and art activities.
- Opportunities to explore the Coupeville community through field trips to local areas like the fire station, veterinarian's office, pumpkin patch, and beach.
- A safe, nurturing learning environment with caring, accepting adults (a professional teacher and three parents for each day of class).
- The chance to build self-confidence and a positive self image.
- Participation in their children's education.
- Ways to broaden their knowledge of child development through written materials, monthly parent education meetings, and discussion groups.
- Opportunities to work with a parent educator to learn about differing parenting styles, community supports, and tips for raising a healthy child.
- The experience of interacting with and observing children in a preschool setting.
- Opportunities to make friends and get support from other families in the Co-op
- Active leadership roles as managers of the Co-op by participating on the Board or on one of the preschool committees.